Humans of New York


 "What's your greatest struggle right now?"
"The death of my husband."
"How'd you meet?"
"I was at a party on Fire Island, and this man walked in. I was about 25 at the time and recently divorced. I thought: 'He looks interesting, I should get to know him.' We ended up talking all night long. The next morning we were engaged, and two weeks later we were married."
"So what did he say when he asked you to marry him?"
"He didn't really ask. He just said: 'Let's get married.'"





 "I'm 33 and I still work as a bartender. To make it worse, my brother is a world renowned chemist. So when my father talks to people at weddings, he says: 'My son just got a million dollar grant. And my daughter lives in New York.' The thing is, I used to be such an overachiever. I skipped the last two years of high school. I got a full ride to college, but ended up dropping out. I don't know what happened. I keep telling myself I'm saving up to go back to school, but I don't have any savings. I don't know, I just feel very lame all the time. Don't make me sound too lame."




 "I worked at an all-female radio station in Nepal. I was the first woman from my village to get a job."






 "What do you feel most guilty about?"
"Not being as happy as I should be."






 "I just got married and have three new stepchildren."
"So what's been your greatest accomplishment as a stepmother so far?"
"They don't hate me."









Adoro, adoro, adoro. Ver tudo, ler tudo. Sentir.

Aqui.

Comentários

Mensagens populares